Friday, September 23, 2011

Delicious Pork Chops!

I am definitely a spur-of-the-moment cook: whatever is available tends to be what I concoct! Last night's pork chops turned out particularly well, so I wanted to share how simple they were. I used a package of chops from "Man Pig", so there was plenty of fat for flavoring thanks to his lazy lifestyle & penchant for eating! These were thick chops, probably cut an inch and a quarter thick. Thinner chops would cook much quicker.


The chops were thawed to room temperature, then I covered them in garlic salt, pepper, and oregano. I let this sit in the refrigerator for about 5 hours, until I was ready to cook. At that point, I placed the chops in the oven at 350 degrees. They cooked for about 20 minutes just like that. In the meantime, I sliced some fresh mushrooms and dried apricots that I had on hand. I pulled the chops from the oven, added half a can of chicken broth to keep them moist, and then covered them in mushrooms & apricots. The chops cooked for another 40 minutes. I served them with fresh green beans sauteed with ham, local potatoes that I baked and covered with cheese & bacon, and a green salad with items from our local farm market.


Christopher said these were some of the best chops I had made! I hope they inspire you!

No comments:

Post a Comment